The Last Horse Forum Index

<  The Server Room  ~  "You cannot post again so soon after posting."

Rylle
Posted: Fri 10 Feb 2006 9:10 pm Reply with quote
ZOMG! Orange Hammer! Joined: 22 Jun 2005 Posts: 3574 Location: THE DUNGEON OF BEARS
Or whatever. Basically there's a 30-second delay after you post, or edit a post, before you can post/edit once more.

Can it be turned off? With a bigger forum I think we'd have problems with post spammers, but, like. We're not. And we don't.
Bury
Posted: Fri 10 Feb 2006 9:59 pm Reply with quote
Stealing the Last Horse™ strats for DP Joined: 04 Jul 2005 Posts: 117
Rylle wrote:
With a bigger forum I think we'd have problems with post spammers, but, like. We're not. And we don't.

REQUEST FOR URGENT BUSINESS RELATIONSHIP

FIRST, I MUST SOLICIT YOUR STRICTEST CONFIDENCE IN THIS TRANSACTION. THIS IS BY VIRTUE OF ITS NATURE AS BEING UTTERLY CONFIDENTIAL AND 'TOP SECRET'. I AM SURE AND HAVE CONFIDENCE OF YOUR ABILITY AND RELIABILITY TO PROSECUTE A TRANSACTION OF THIS GREAT MAGNITUDE INVOLVING A PENDING TRANSACTION REQUIRING MAXIIMUM CONFIDENCE.

WE ARE TOP OFFICIAL OF THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT CONTRACT REVIEW PANEL WHO ARE INTERESTED IN IMPORATION OF GOODS INTO OUR COUNTRY WITH FUNDS WHICH ARE PRESENTLY TRAPPED IN NIGERIA. IN ORDER TO COMMENCE THIS BUSINESS WE SOLICIT YOUR ASSISTANCE TO ENABLE US TRANSFER INTO YOUR ACCOUNT THE SAID TRAPPED FUNDS.

THE SOURCE OF THIS FUND IS AS FOLLOWS; DURING THE LAST MILITARY REGIME HERE IN NIGERIA, THE GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS SET UP COMPANIES AND AWARDED THEMSELVES CONTRACTS WHICH WERE GROSSLY OVER-INVOICED IN VARIOUS MINISTRIES. THE PRESENT CIVILIAN GOVERNMENT SET UP A CONTRACT REVIEW PANEL AND WE HAVE IDENTIFIED A LOT OF INFLATED CONTRACT FUNDS WHICH ARE PRESENTLY FLOATING IN THE CENTRAL BANK OF NIGERIA READY FOR PAYMENT.

HOWEVER, BY VIRTUE OF OUR POSITION AS CIVIL SERVANTS AND MEMBERS OF THIS PANEL, WE CANNOT ACQUIRE THIS MONEY IN OUR NAMES. I HAVE THEREFORE, BEEN DELEGATED AS A MATTER OF TRUST BY MY COLLEAGUES OF THE PANEL TO LOOK FOR AN OVERSEAS PARTNER INTO WHOSE ACCOUNT WE WOULD TRANSFER THE SUM OF US$21,320,000.00(TWENTY ONE MILLION, THREE HUNDRED AND TWENTY THOUSAND U.S DOLLARS). HENCE WE ARE WRITING YOU THIS LETTER. WE HAVE AGREED TO SHARE THE MONEY THUS; 1. 20% FOR THE ACCOUNT OWNER 2. 70% FOR US (THE OFFICIALS) 3. 10% TO BE USED IN SETTLING TAXATION AND ALL LOCAL AND FOREIGN EXPENSES. IT IS FROM THE 70% THAT WE WISH TO COMMENCE THE IMPORTATION BUSINESS.

PLEASE,NOTE THAT THIS TRANSACTION IS 100% SAFE AND WE HOPE TO COMMENCE THE TRANSFER LATEST SEVEN (7) BANKING DAYS FROM THE DATE OF THE RECEIPT OF THE FOLLOWING INFORMATIOM BY TEL/FAX; 234-1-7740449, YOUR COMPANY'S SIGNED, AND STAMPED LETTERHEAD PAPER THE ABOVE INFORMATION WILL ENABLE US WRITE LETTERS OF CLAIM AND JOB DESCRIPTION RESPECTIVELY. THIS WAY WE WILL USE YOUR COMPANY'S NAME TO APPLY FOR PAYMENT AND RE-AWARD THE CONTRACT IN YOUR COMPANY'S NAME.

WE ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO DOING THIS BUSINESS WITH YOU AND SOLICIT YOUR CONFIDENTIALITY IN THIS TRANSATION. PLEASE ACKNOWLEDGE THE RECEIPT OF THIS LETTER USING THE ABOVE TEL/FAX NUMBERS. I WILL SEND YOU DETAILED INFORMATION OF THIS PENDING PROJECT WHEN I HAVE HEARD FROM YOU.

YOURS FAITHFULLY,

DR CLEMENT OKON

NOTE; PLEASE QUOTE THIS REFERENCE NUMBER (VE/S/09/99) IN ALL YOUR RESPONSES.
Rithny
Posted: Sat 11 Feb 2006 12:27 am Reply with quote
Paladin Joke Joined: 13 Jul 2005 Posts: 1441
Bury you ok? Wanna talk about it?

Magos
Posted: Sat 11 Feb 2006 8:55 am Reply with quote
Ice-Cold Joined: 11 Jul 2005 Posts: 2137 Location: havetogonotime
Bury wrote:
(VE/S/09/99)

Message received, cap'n. Initiating Squirrelbane Order 66.
Arannon
Posted: Sat 11 Feb 2006 9:17 am Reply with quote
"Negotiator" Joined: 23 Jun 2005 Posts: 835
Magos wrote:
Bury wrote:
(VE/S/09/99)

Message received, cap'n. Initiating Squirrelbane Order 66.

All paladins are now an enemy of the Last Horse?

Guess im off to exile in the swamp of sorrows until Arther-wan Kenobi brings me Darthas Vader's kid so I can teach him the ways of the Light so he can become a Jedi like his father.

When 900 years old you become, look as good, you will not.

Shillandy
Posted: Sat 11 Feb 2006 11:41 am Reply with quote
Arannon =/= Yoda.

Sorry.

Nenicirene
Posted: Sat 11 Feb 2006 1:58 pm Reply with quote
Technocrat Joined: 22 Jun 2005 Posts: 1699
Rylle wrote:
Or whatever. Basically there's a 30-second delay after you post, or edit a post, before you can post/edit once more.

Can it be turned off? With a bigger forum I think we'd have problems with post spammers, but, like. We're not. And we don't.

It's a fifteen second-delay. I don't think it should be changed. It limits the amount of damage a spammer / jackass can do, and, frankly, if someone's posting more often than every fifteen seconds, I don't think their posts are very valuable to the rest of the board readership.

Posted: Sat 11 Feb 2006 2:27 pm Reply with quote
no, sometimes you want to edit your post that you just made. it's annoying to wait for 15 secs if you type something stupid.

Romana
Posted: Sat 11 Feb 2006 2:36 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 16 Aug 2005 Posts: 2017 Location: my own little bubble
Shillandy wrote:
Arannon =/= Yoda.

Sorry.

He wouldn't even be worth the name Ara-non Kenobi, so don't try exiling yourself in Tanaris, either.

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Nenicirene
Posted: Mon 20 Mar 2006 11:16 pm Reply with quote
After some thinking, I have relented. It's now a five second flood protection, which should be shorter than even the puniest of corrections should require.

Posted: Mon 20 Mar 2006 11:59 pm Reply with quote
ZOMG! Orange Hammer! Joined: 22 Jun 2005 Posts: 3574 Location: THE DUNGEON OF BEARS
Huzzah! Just tonight I noticed a little typo as my post was going through, and was sitting and waiting for fifteen seconds or whatever to enter the edit, and that's ten extra seconds or something that I will never have back.
Elerine
Posted: Wed 10 Jan 2007 7:40 am Reply with quote
Officer Emerita Joined: 23 Jun 2005 Posts: 2877 Location: The Exodar
The spammers have evolved :o

Allegiance
Posted: Wed 10 Jan 2007 8:34 am Reply with quote
Draconomaniacon Joined: 29 Jun 2005 Posts: 1927 Location: The other dark corner
"Resistance is futile."

"They've adapted. DEFEND YOURSELVES!"

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dayanara
Posted: Wed 10 Jan 2007 9:17 am Reply with quote
Fastest-Growing Application Thread Ever Joined: 05 Sep 2006 Posts: 751 Location: Brampton, Ontario
Surprised

wtf?

lol

Nenicirene
Posted: Wed 10 Jan 2007 11:14 am Reply with quote
For some reason, they love this thread. I have no idea why.