The Last Horse Forum Index

<  The Server Room  ~  Post your UI's and make mine look cooler

sturmm
Posted: Mon 27 Nov 2006 1:19 pm Reply with quote
Contented Hitler Impersonator Joined: 16 Apr 2006 Posts: 824 Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Dayanara wrote:
sturmm wrote:

Let me know if you want specifics on what I use.

I want the judgement one...

and what raid bars you use?

Oh...and a pally with a flask of titans? Surprised

The judgement one I think you mean HolyHope. AG_unitframes for raidframes. Also flask of the titans cause it was CTHUN.
Dayanara
Posted: Mon 27 Nov 2006 1:21 pm Reply with quote
Fastest-Growing Application Thread Ever Joined: 05 Sep 2006 Posts: 751 Location: Brampton, Ontario
sturmm wrote:
Dayanara wrote:

The judgement one I think you mean HolyHope. AG_unitframes for raidframes. Also flask of the titans cause it was CTHUN.

I didn't have one Crying or Very sad

sturmm
Posted: Mon 27 Nov 2006 1:24 pm Reply with quote
Contented Hitler Impersonator Joined: 16 Apr 2006 Posts: 824 Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Dayanara wrote:
sturmm wrote:
Dayanara wrote:

I bought mine myself.
Dayanara
Posted: Mon 27 Nov 2006 1:24 pm Reply with quote
Fastest-Growing Application Thread Ever Joined: 05 Sep 2006 Posts: 751 Location: Brampton, Ontario
sturmm wrote:
Dayanara wrote:
sturmm wrote:
Dayanara wrote:

I bought mine myself.

Buy me one. Rolling Eyes

sturmm
Posted: Mon 27 Nov 2006 1:25 pm Reply with quote
Dayanara wrote:
sturmm wrote:
Dayanara wrote:
sturmm wrote:
Dayanara wrote:

I bought mine myself.

Buy me one. Rolling Eyes

lol no.
Dayanara
Posted: Mon 27 Nov 2006 1:28 pm Reply with quote
sturmm wrote:
Dayanara wrote:
sturmm wrote:
Dayanara wrote:
sturmm wrote:
Dayanara wrote:

I bought mine myself.

Buy me one. Rolling Eyes

lol no.

</3

sturmm
Posted: Mon 27 Nov 2006 1:29 pm Reply with quote
Fine by me!
UncleBeuford
Posted: Mon 27 Nov 2006 2:03 pm Reply with quote
Needs to Put On Some Clothes Joined: 18 Jul 2005 Posts: 2619
I wish I could fine raid bars that:

1. snap together in logical groups, that can be broken out into raid -> party -> person. That way if a person has a special task, I could unsnap him from his raid->party and drag him to a special area.

2. allow click heals - mapping things like GH1 to left, renew to center, shield to right ( currently I use cast-party to do it)

3. The bars itself, like the ones Amar has, has just the name, and the entire bar is thier health. I dont care if you have energy or rage. They would also have to be scale-able.

I havnt looked at any raid bars in a long time, so I dont know if things have changed.

Posted: Mon 27 Nov 2006 2:15 pm Reply with quote
UncleBeuford wrote:

1. snap together in logical groups, that can be broken out into raid -> party -> person. That way if a person has a special task, I could unsnap him from his raid->party and drag him to a special area.

2. allow click heals - mapping things like GH1 to left, renew to center, shield to right ( currently I use cast-party to do it)

3. The bars itself, like the ones Amar has, has just the name, and the entire bar is thier health. I dont care if you have energy or rage. They would also have to be scale-able.

I havnt looked at any raid bars in a long time, so I dont know if things have changed.

AQ will group by subgroup, class, or ungrouped. I think (I haven't tried this) that ungrouped means every person in the raid has their own movable bar, which is probably more set up than you want for just watching one person.

ORA doesn't have a substitute for player targets, the biggest thing I miss from CT. And like I said, I haven't played with the 'ungrouped' grouping in AQ, so for all I know it could do exactly what you're wanting.

I don't use any click casting mods so I can't really tell you if AQ will do or help with any of that.

The bars I use are entirely customizable as to what they show, don't show, could show, might show or want to show. You can even input your own string to be parsed (something like (diff)/(max) for HP, only with percentages that I don't recall off hand). It's also got several preset information displays, and complete bar styles. I've got player/party set to 'smart' display (meaning it only shows difference from max HP if below max, and the current amount of mana if below max). Target I don't remember, but raid displays are set to off. My mage and warlock both have different set ups, as well. (raid bars are tiny and off to one side, displays on party/player show current totals). It's all kinds of definable. You might check it out.

Posted: Mon 27 Nov 2006 2:32 pm Reply with quote
Amar wrote:
UncleBeuford wrote:

AQ will group by subgroup, class, or ungrouped. I think (I haven't tried this) that ungrouped means every person in the raid has their own movable bar, which is probably more set up than you want for just watching one person.

ORA doesn't have a substitute for player targets, the biggest thing I miss from CT. And like I said, I haven't played with the 'ungrouped' grouping in AQ, so for all I know it could do exactly what you're wanting.

I don't use any click casting mods so I can't really tell you if AQ will do or help with any of that.

The bars I use are entirely customizable as to what they show, don't show, could show, might show or want to show. You can even input your own string to be parsed (something like (diff)/(max) for HP, only with percentages that I don't recall off hand). It's also got several preset information displays, and complete bar styles. I've got player/party set to 'smart' display (meaning it only shows difference from max HP if below max, and the current amount of mana if below max). Target I don't remember, but raid displays are set to off. My mage and warlock both have different set ups, as well. (raid bars are tiny and off to one side, displays on party/player show current totals). It's all kinds of definable. You might check it out.

I'll give it a look over before I try to fix the problem I made by upgrading castparty(lost my ctra integration Sad )

Posted: Mon 27 Nov 2006 3:04 pm Reply with quote
UncleBeuford wrote:

Do you have any for instances of this situation, Unc? I know what you are talking about because I have wanted this for the Nef fight, but have worked around it a bit. For the most part, I have my groups set up by class, not by parties in CTRaid. The Nef fight forces me to group by parties though because of the whole odd on left and even on right. What kills me there is that I still want a group of warriors (just Esist would work) so that I can see when he does and doesn't have the fear ward buff. I get around this by using Blizzard's UI to drag the groups out so that I can heal everyone on my side for Phase 1 and then use CTRaid to have a list of just warriors so I can keep an eye on the MT for the fear ward buff. It is a pain in the butt to set it up every time.

UncleBeuford wrote:

Yea, I use CastParty for this as well.

UncleBeuford wrote:

You can configure CTRaids bars to hide rage, energy and mana. I have mine set up to hide rage and energy, but I have kept mana shown to just keep an eye on the mana bars of the other healers.

UncleBeuford wrote:
I'll give it a look over before I try to fix the problem I made by upgrading castparty(lost my ctra integration Sad )

I had to roll back for CastParty 4.1 before mine worked again.

Posted: Mon 27 Nov 2006 3:56 pm Reply with quote
UncleBeuford wrote:

I use Clique for this. I like it better than all the others I have tried, most simplistic, no fancy bells and whistles.

Amar
Posted: Mon 27 Nov 2006 4:37 pm Reply with quote
I grabbed some screens of the configuration for raid bars for you guys. These all have tooltips that tell you what they do, but I didn't capture those.

Posted: Mon 27 Nov 2006 9:33 pm Reply with quote
some nice settings on ag, but for some reason I cant get the raid or party bars to display. ill try to dig into it.

on the castparty thing, the "allow custom click behavior" is what integrates it to other ui elements, and its now off by default. So its working again for me.

Posted: Mon 27 Nov 2006 11:21 pm Reply with quote
UncleBeuford wrote:
some nice settings on ag, but for some reason I cant get the raid or party bars to display. ill try to dig into it.

on the castparty thing, the "allow custom click behavior" is what integrates it to other ui elements, and its now off by default. So its working again for me.

Raid bars are, I believe, hidden by default in AG, too.